Please Note: Beginning October 1, 2015 if you have Medicare coverage in addition to Health Net Access (Dual coverage), your behavioral health service provider will be Health Net Access. If you do not have Medicare coverage in addition to Health Net Access, your behavioral health service provider will still be Mercy Maricopa Integrated Care.
Your Primary Care Provider (PCP) may be able to help you if you have depression, anxiety or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Your PCP may give you medicine, watch how the medicine is working and order different tests for your illness. Please call your PCP directly for help if you feel you have depression, anxiety or ADHD.
You can also get behavioral health services at:
- Mercy Maricopa Integrated Care, your Regional Behavioral Health Authority (RBHA), if you are not dually covered for Medicare and Medicaid
- Health Net Access if you are dually covered for Medicare and Medicaid
Either way, you do not need a referral from your PCP for behavioral health services.
If you would like behavioral health services not covered by your PCP, call Mercy Maricopa Integrated Care or Health Net Access directly to set up an appointment.
We want to make sure you have the behavioral health services you need. Here is a list of the covered behavioral health services.
- Behavioral Health
- Case Management
- Behavior management personal care, family support/home care training, peer support
- Psychotropic medications
- Psychotropic medication adjustment and monitoring
- Behavioral health nursing services
- Emergency behavioral health care
- Emergency/non-emergency transportation
- Evaluation and assessment
- Individual, group and family counseling
- Inpatient hospital services
- Laboratory and radiology services for psychotropic medication regulation and diagnosis
- Living skills training, health promotion, services to support your employment
- Opioid Agonist treatment
- Non-hospital inpatient psychiatric facilities services
(level 1 residential treatment centers and sub-acute facilities)
- Rural substance abuse transitional agency services
- Home care training to home care client
- Partial Care (supervised day program, therapeutic day program and medical day program)
- Psychosocial rehabilitation (living skills training, health promotion; supportive employment Services)
If you have questions or need help getting behavioral health services, please call the Behavioral Health Service phone number that appears in the front of your AHCCCS ID card.
Behavioral Health Emergencies
If you have a behavioral health emergency, it is important to get help right away. Call the Maricopa County 24-Hour Crisis Line at (602) 222-9444 or (800) 631-1314 (TTY 800-327-9254). You should call 911 if you are having a life-threatening emergency or if you are going to hurt yourself or someone else.